Work With Us
We have an exciting opportunity at our Gateway Brockhurst Avery setting. We have a vacancy for Pre-School, Breakfast and After School Club Manager.
Purpose of the Job:
Pre-School Manager – To provide safe, high quality education and care for Pre-School children. To ensure the fulfilment of legal, statutory and setting obligations are followed and met. To lead and manage staff on a day-to-day basis to contribute to and implement Pre-School policies
Hours – 40 hours per week term time only
Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30pm
Maybe required on occasions to cover the breakfast and after school club
Breakfast and After school Club Manager – To provide safe, high quality care for children attending. To fulfil legal and statutory requirements. To ensure that all statutory, legal and setting obligations are followed and met.
Responsible for 4 deputies within pre-school and breakfast and after school club.
- Proven experience of working in a Pre-School setting in a managerial/supervisory position.
- Level 3 early years education and childcare qualification or equivalent, and a commitment to obtaining a level 4 and above qualification.
- Sound understanding of child development, and of children’s needs.
- Ability to plan and implement a Pre-School curriculum, taking into account the SEN Code of Practice, child protection procedures and equal opportunities’ considerations.
- Demonstrable and detailed knowledge of current legislation relevant to the early years.
- Ability to work with parents and families to encourage their involvement.
- Ability to effectively market the Pre-School to maximise occupancy levels and fee income.
- Ability to effectively lead and manage a team of adults, including conducting performance management processes e.g. induction, supervision meetings, appraisals and setting objectives. (with support from another manager when needed)
- Commitment to equal opportunities and an understanding of equality and diversity issues.
- Ability to write clear reports and to use computer software
- Part of the Gateway Pre-Schools Management team attending meetings.
Early Years Practitioner Gateway Pre-schools
We are looking for an Early Years Practitioner to join our Team to be able to work flexibly throughout the 4 Gateway Pre-School settings.
Hours: 16 to 22 hours per week term time only
Qualifications: Level 2 or above in Early Years.
Desirable Criteria: Child Protection, First Aid, Food Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Passion for delivering quality provision in the Early Years
- Sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Team Player
- Experience in a Childcare setting
We would be delighted to show you around any of our Gateway Pre-School locations. Please call 02392 982 360 or email us at email@example.com to make an appointment.